About the Department
The department of Electrical Engineering started with an initial intake of 30 students in UG Program in 1957. At present the intake in UG program is 90. In 1982, the department started a part-time PG Program (Electrical Engg.) with an intake of 13 students and in 1997, a full time PG program (Power Engg.) with an intake of 13 students. At present the intake to full time PG program is 25 students. The department is an authorized research centre of Punjab Technical University for Ph.D. and its course work. Keeping in view the graduate attributes of ethical practices and social responsibility, green and clean energy obligation, the department has installed a 200 kWp rooftop grid connected solar power plant in college premises.